TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. YOUR ACCEPTANCE
a. Channel Link, Inc. ("Channel Link, P.O. BOX 59413, CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60659, USA") www.channellink.tv grants you a permission to view and use the particular channel(s) and/or package of channels to which you have subscribed and/or the downloadable content you have purchased (collectively, the "Content"). Payment for particular channel(s) and/or channel bundles subscriptions is made on a per channel/package per month basis. You will automatically be charged the regularly recurring subscriber fee until you cancel your subscription (which you may do at any time) or until your subscription is cancelled by Channel Link. If you purchase a subscription to access a particular channel/channel bundles and cancel at any time during that subscription active period, Channel Link will not refund any of your subscription charges for that particular month. Channel Link has provided free demonstration video streams to test your ability to receive such video streams from Channel Link. It is required that you test these free demonstration video streams before subscribing to any Channel Link video channels. While you may cancel your subscription(s) at any time, Channel Link will not provide any refund to users for reasons related in any way to their ability to receive a satisfactory video stream from Channel Link.
b. Copyright. The Site Content and Site Code are owned by Channel Link and/or its licensors and content providers and are protected by applicable domestic and international copyright laws. Unless expressly permitted elsewhere in the Site by Channel Link, you shall not record, copy, distribute, publish, perform, modify, download, transmit, transfer, sell, license, reproduce, create derivative works from or based upon, distribute, post, publicly display, frame, link, or in any other way exploit any of the Site Content or Code, in whole or in part. Any rights not expressly granted to you are reserved. Any violation of copyright laws may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
c. Trademark. "ChannelLink.tv" and "ChanneLink.tv" are trademarks and service marks belonging to Channel Link related companies. Any product, service, or trade name other than those owned by Channel Link that identify a third party as the source thereof may, even if not so indicated, be the service mark or trademark of that respective entity or individual. Any unauthorized use of the Channel Link marks are strictly prohibited.
2. USE OF THE SITE, GENERAL TERMS
b. Pay-Channel Service Charges. The Pay-Channel Content on the Site is available either on a monthly subscriber fee basis (i.e., you must pay a monthly fee to access these channel(s) / package) or on a yearly subscriber fee basis. These services are sometimes referred to herein as the "Fee-Based Services" or "Subscription Fee Services". Payment of a monthly/yearly subscription fee entitles you to watch the applicable pay channel(s)/package during the applicable month/year, respectively.
c. You agree to pay, using a valid credit card which Channel Link accepts, the subscription and/or download charges set forth on the Site, applicable taxes, and other charges incurred on your account in order to access these services. Channel Link reserves the right to increase fees, surcharges, and site subscription fees, or to institute new fees at any time, upon reasonable notice posted in advance on this Site. Channel Link will automatically charge your account for renewal of your monthly subscription. The renewal charge will be the same as the prior month charge, unless otherwise any change notified in advance. In the event Channel Link cannot charge your account, we reserve the right to terminate your access to the Fee-Based Services.
In addition to the charges set forth above, you are responsible for all charges associated with connecting to the Site, including without limitation all telephone access lines (including long-distance charges, when applicable), telephone and computer equipment and any service fees necessary to access the Fee-Based Services.
d. Non-Commercial/Personal Use Limitation. Channel Link grants you this license for the limited purpose of personal use only, and not for any commercial purpose. No business entity (e.g., corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship) is licensed to use this Site, without prior written permission. You hereby agree not to use the Site, the materials, or any element or portion thereof (including, without limitation, e-mail addresses of users), for any commercial purpose whatsoever. For enterprise use, please contact our customer support team at: Support@ChannelLink.tv.
e. Nature of Services. Channel Link offers its Site services for entertainment purposes only. Channel Link does not warrant the truth or validity of the information contained on its site. You acknowledge and understand that, because of the possibility of human and mechanical error, mistakes or omissions in the data or information provided, delays or interruptions of the data or information stream from whatever cause, as well as other factors, Channel Link is not responsible for errors in or omissions from the information contained or accessed through the Site.
All information and content on the Site are provided on an "as is" and as available basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
1. Nature of Content. Channel Link offers video and audio content of various types including, but not limited to movies, music videos, talk shows, interviews, news, dramas, sports, etc. Channel Link does not warrant that all content is appropriate for all age viewers. Minors should only access this Site with parental permission.
f. Free Trial Period. Channel Link may, from time to time and at its sole discretion offer a free trial period ("Free Period"). During the Free Period you may subscribe to certain channels, which shall be available at Channel Link’s own discretion, free of charge, subject to the following:
1. You agree to provide Channel Link with valid credit card information, which shall be used for collateral purpose only, and any other personal information requested for this purpose. The Free Period will commence on the day and time you have submitted the aforesaid information to Channel Link ("Commencement Date").
2. You agree that upon 14 days from the Commencement Date, Channel Link shall be entitled to automatically charge your account for renewal of your monthly subscription unless you decide to terminate your Free Period and subject to Section 4 (F). In the event Channel Link cannot charge your account, we reserve the right to terminate your access to the Fee-Based Services.
g. Username/Password. Channel Link may issue you a username and/or password for the purpose of accessing the Content or certain portions thereof, or services provided via the Site. You shall hold and secure any such username or password as strictly confidential. Accordingly, you shall not allow friends, family, business associates or other person access to or use of such username or password. Channel Link shall not be responsible whatsoever in the event that your password is misappropriated by a third party.
3. TERMS RELATING TO SUBSCRIPTION
a. Terms relating to Subscription offerings.
1. Our Subscription offerings are available at different prices, as presented on our website and updated from time to time. We reserve the right to change those prices at any time. In any event, whatever the price, it will always be clearly marked on the subscription page for the channel/package/downloadable content and clearly marked when you enter your credit card information.
2. A valid credit card is required to pay for the Subscription offerings. The Subscription fee will be charged only when you submit the credit card information to us.
3. For all credit card payment made through the Site, the credit card transaction will appear on your credit card bill / statement as "Channel Link Inc."
4. Once you subscribe to a particular video channel(s), you're not limited to watching it on one computer. You are limited to watching it on one computer at one time but can do so from multiple computers. We do, however, reserve the right to change that policy at any time and from time-to-time.
b. Terms relating to our Subscription Service.
1. In order to subscribe to our subscription service you will need to enter your credit card information. However, and this is important, WE WILL BILL YOUR CREDIT CARD FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION FEE EACH AND EVERY MONTH THEREAFTER UNTIL YOU TELL US TO STOP (or until we decide to stop, whichever comes first). That way, you have continuous access to the video channel(s)/package that you have subscribed to. Upon your initial registration, you will receive from us an email notice that would provide the procedure to cancel your subscription. If you decide you would like to cancel, which you can do so at anytime, you must go to MY ACCOUNT before the month is over. MY ACCOUNT can be found next to your name, when you LOGIN that has a cancellation button. Once you cancel, you will get cancellation confirmation email and your credit card will no longer be charged from the start of the following paid month.
There will be no refunds for cancellations made after the month is over and also please remember that you will not receive a refund for partial month of service.
2. Please note that once you cancel your monthly subscription, it will not actually expire until your next billing cycle. And, Channel Link will not provide you with a refund for the current month. So, what this means is, once we have charged you for a month, you pay for a month (and have access to the subscription for a month). Of course, once you cancel, you can re-subscribe at any time. With respect to a yearly subscription, once you cancel your subscription it will expire as from the next month and refund will be available at a total amount which equals to the yearly subscription fee, less the monthly subscription fee multiplied by the number of calendar months actually subscribed for, less twenty US dollars. For example, if termination occurs on a certain date within the ninth month of a certain year, for which yearly subscription fee has been paid for, refund will be calculated as follows: yearly subscription fee - $20 - (monthly subscription fee X 9).
3. Once you subscribe to our channel(s)/package, we will bill your credit card on the same date of each subsequent month (the "Payment Date"). For example, if you subscribe on March 15, we will bill your credit card on March 15 and again on April 15 and again on May 15 and so on. If the date on which you subscribed does not exist in certain future months/years (for instance, if you subscribe on January 31, what happens in February and April?), we will bill your credit card on the closest available day. So, in the above example, we would bill your credit card not on February 31 but on February 28 and, not on April 31 but on April 30. Should you elect to cancel your subscription and then re-subscribe at a later date, that later date will be your new Payment Date.
c. Terms Relating to Product Shipment.
MSN TV 2 Internet Media Player & Remote are both under warranty whether you buy on your own or you rent it, as long as you are a ChannelLink.TV current active subscriber. If for any reason the MSN TV 2 Internet Media Player or Remote are not working or by mistakenly you delete any data/information/password/channel listing.......don't worry!!!. Just ship it back to us with a Return Authorization Number through UPS/FedEx or USPS.
After we receive and verify the MSN TV 2 Internet Media Player & Remote, within seven days, we'll ship to you another replacement MSN TV 2 Internet Media Player & Remote through UPS/FedEx at your confirmed address at no additional cost. Of Course, you are responsible to pay for shipping charges on both ends.
To ship replacement MSN TV 2 Internet Media Player & Remote to your confirmed Address, shipping/handling charges will be charged on your creditcard which you had provided us at the time of registration and a receipt of the charge will accompany with the MSN TV 2 Internet Media Player.
When you call us for Return Authorization Number to send us MSN TV 2 Internet Media Player & Remote for replacement, from that day, subscription charges will be on hold until you receive another replacement MSN TV 2 Internet Media Player & Remote. But monthly rental charges will continue, because MSN TV continues to charge us for their services.
d. Terms Relating to Refunds.
Channel Link does not provide refunds on subscription fees and/or download fees already paid. It is strongly recommended that you utilize the free preview channels available on Channel Link Site to access the quality of your viewing experience before subscribing to any video channels or purchasing any downloadable content. Refund for an annual subscription will be given in accordance with section 3 (B) (2) above.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
b. Neither Channel Link nor any provider of content for the site or their respective agents warrant that the site will be uninterrupted or error free, free from viruses or security breaches; nor does Channel Link, any provider of content to the site, or their respective agents make any warranty as to the results to be obtained from use of the site. The site content is not guaranteed to be accurate, timely or verified. The Site and the Site's content are distributed on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Channel Link and its agents do not make any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of title or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the site, any content, or any goods or services sold through the site. You expressly agree that the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the site and the accuracy or completeness of the content or data made available via the Site is assumed solely by you.
c. Neither Channel Link nor their respective agents shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use the Site.
d. Without waiving the exclusive governing law clause below, some jurisdictions do not allow exclusion of implied warranties or limitations of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. In such jurisdictions, the liability of Channel Link, third party content providers, and their respective agents shall be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
e. Links to Other Web Sites. Channel Link makes no representation whatsoever regarding the content of any other web sites which you may access from the Channel Link web Site. When you access a web site other than the Site, please understand that it is independent from Channel Link and that Channel Link has no control over the content on that web site. A link to a web site other than the Site does not mean that Channel Link endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such web site.
f. Termination. In addition to any other rights of the parties set forth herein, either you or Channel Link may cancel or terminate this Agreement at any time. Channel Link also reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Fee-Based Services in whole or in part, without notice, with respect to any breach or threatened breach of any portion of this Agreement. If Channel Link terminates this Agreement based on a breach of any portion of this Agreement, Channel Link reserves the right to refuse to provide a subscription or any Fee-Based Services to you in the future.
2. Mail and courier deliveries must be sent to: Channel Link, Inc., P.O. Box 59413, Chicago, IL 60659.
e. Channel Link makes no representation or warranty that the materials in this Site are legal, appropriate or available for use in all geographic locations. Those who choose to access this Site do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all applicable local laws.
g. Modifications. Channel Link has the right to modify this Agreement and any policies affecting the Site. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting to the Site or distribution via electronic mail or conventional mail. Your continued use of the Site following notice of any modification to this Agreement shall be conclusively deemed an acceptance of all such modification(s). Your only right with respect to any dissatisfaction with any modifications made pursuant to this provision, or any policies or practices of Channel Link in providing the Site, including without limitation (i) any change in the Content, or (ii) any change in the amount or type of fees associated with the Fee-Based Services, is to cancel your subscription in accordance with the subscription help instructions. Channel Link has the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Site or any portion thereof at any time, including the availability of any area of the Site, including without limitation the Fee-Based Services. Channel Link may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Channel Link Site without notice or liability.
a. Channel Link respects our subscribers' rights to privacy online and will not share, sell or otherwise distribute your information to any third party without your prior consent. In order to process client requests with minimum delay, Channel Link may request information about you. Any information you provide to Channel Link, including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will only be used internally by Channel Link to process your membership, support requests and provide you with the best customer support.
b. We do not sell, trade, or rent your information, both personally identifiable and aggregate data, to any parties outside of Channel Link. Your name and other personal information are only used to correspond with you.
c. Channel Link collects user's email addresses and reserves the right to send commercial email to all registered users. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings by adjusting his/her profile settings on the Site.
d. Financial information that is collected is used only to check the users' qualifications for registration and to bill the user for products and services.
e. We use the IP address of Consumers to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Site. We use the IP address of Consumers to help identify their shopping cart.
g. You may choose whether or not to provide personal information to Channel Link. The notice we intend to provide on the Site where Channel Link collects personal information should help you to make this choice. If you choose not to provide the personal information we request, you can still visit some of Channel Link Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services that involve our interaction with you.
7. SECURITY POLICY
a. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Security of information in transit to and from our web site is encrypted using SSL encryption protocols. We store all user information in secure databases protected via a variety of access controls as well as using encryption of sensitive information. This data is accessed only for the purposes specified in this privacy statement. Our secure server software is industry standard for secure e-commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information including name, address, and credit card number, effectively locking off access as the information travels over the Internet. All customer credit cards are encrypted in our database.
a. We do not solicit or knowingly accept information from persons under the age of 18.
9. YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
a. As a customer of Channel Link you may be provided with a unique identifier such as a username and password which is intended to authenticate your identity when accessing our systems. Such identifying items are intended to be secret and to be known, possessed, and used only by you. The effectiveness of these mechanisms for authenticating your identity are dependent upon your keeping them in your exclusive possession and upon your protecting them from the discovery, access, or possession of others. If you fail to keep such identifying information in your exclusive possession (i.e., you allow others to have knowledge or possession of your password or pin), you may bear responsibility for the actions of other persons who use this information in accessing our systems.
b. Should you become aware or have reason to suspect that a personal identifier has been lost or has been disclosed to someone other than yourself, you should immediately notify to Support@ChannelLink.tv
Contacting Channel Link
Last updated: February 2009.